On 18 May 2020, Quanterix Corporation stock identified change of 137.26% away from 52-week low price and recently located move of -28.49% off 52-week high price. QTRX stock has been recorded 20.62% away from 50 day moving average and 9.08% away from 200 day moving average. Moving closer, we can see that shares have been trading -0.59% off 20-day moving average.
Quanterix Corporation (QTRX) recently reported financial results for the fourth quarter and 12 months ended December 31, 2019.
“We’re happy to close out another year of compelling growth, product launches, productive capital raises, key hires and technology adoption, marking our ninth consecutive quarter of strong performance since going public two years ago,” stated Kevin Hrusovsky, Chief Executive Officer, President and Chairman, Quanterix. “2019 validated the vast utility for our Simoa technology to measure novel biomarkers with rich clinical potential such as neurofilament light chain (Nf-L), as well as other neuro biomarkers used in the fight against neurodegenerative diseases, such as Alzheimer’s Disease, Multiple Sclerosis (MS), Parkinson’s Disease, ALS and traumatic brain injury. Our mid-year acquisition of UmanDiagnostics also secured our long-term supply integrity of the fast-growing and highly differentiated Uman Nf-L antibodies, which provide unmatched sensitivity and specificity for Nf-L neurodegeneration measurements in blood. Now that we have harnessed most of the value chain of this highly attractive Nf-L franchise, we are working to fully realize its value creation potential through investments and planned collaborations with marquee partners. This has catalyzed many growth vectors with wide-ranging potential across the research, drug development and clinical spectrum for neuro, oncology and inflammation biomarkers. We enter 2020 with a solid lineup of new differentiated instruments, serum-based biomarker assays, specialty pharma services and compelling validation stemming from over 650 Simoa-specific inclusions in publications. These advances, plus adoption momentum in drug development, are increasing the longer-term promise for our technologies in the larger, potentially more attractive, clinical landscape.”
Fourth Quarter 2019 Financial Highlights
Key financial results for the fourth quarter of 2019 are shown below:
- Q4 revenue was $15.9M versus previous year Q4 of $10.9M, a raise of 46%;
- Q4 product revenue was $11.4M versus previous year Q4 of $7.5M, a raise of 53%;
- Q4 service revenue was $4.3M versus previous year Q4 of $3.4M, a raise of 26%;
- Q4 GAAP gross margin was 43.1% versus previous year Q4 of 47.9%; Q4 non-GAAP gross margin was 47.3%, versus previous year Q4 of 47.9%. Q4 2019 gross margins include 410 bps of adverse impact from our successful HD-X trade-in program.
Full Year 2019 Financial Highlights
Key financial results for FY 2019 are shown below:
- FY revenue was $56.7M versus previous year FY of $37.6M, a raise of 51%; not including $1.3M in revenue recognized in Q3 2018 in connection with the termination of a license contract, non-GAAP year-over-year revenue growth was 56%;
- FY product revenue was $40.5M versus previous year FY of $23.4M, a raise of 73%;
- FY service revenue was $16.1M versus previous year FY of $12.1M, a raise of 33%; and,
- FY gross margin was 47.3% versus previous year FY of 47.7%, FY non-GAAP gross margin was 49.7% versus previous year FY of 45.9%, a raise of 380 bps.
Quanterix Corporation noticed change of 2.13% to $25.85 along volume of 88185 shares in recent session compared to an average volume of 176.6K. QTRX’s shares are at -10.28% for the quarter and driving a 13.40% return over the course of the past year and is now at 7.11% since this point in 2018.